b.Caring for your Rabbit
Here’s a short list of the nicest things you can do for your bunny:
– Get him neutered! He’ll be calmer, cleaner, smell better, and live longer. Trust me; you’ll like him much better if he’s fixed.
– Change his water every day, and keep his water and food bowls clean. Bunnies essentially have no immune systems, so moldy bowls can make them very sick.
– Give him unlimited amounts of fresh, clean grass hay.
– Clean his litterbox often. He’ll eat more hay out of a clean box and be more willing to hang out there if it’s clean.
– Let him out of his pen when you’re home. Both you and he will be happier if he is allowed to interact with you and become part of the family.
– Feed him rabbit food, not people food, and keep the treats to a minimum.
– Brush him often, especially when he’s shedding. He’ll ingest any hair he licks off himself, and if the hay he eats doesn’t force it through, he can die from a hairball stuck in his intestine.
– NEVER leave him alone outside.
– On hot days, be sure he has a nice cool spot in the shade and plenty of fresh water.
The links below will take you to pages that will help you with the various aspects of rabbit care: